Law Enforcement- Aug. 13
Lakeview Police Department
- Tuesday, Aug. 5 – At 1:25 p.m. Lakeview Police Department responded to the report of a residential burglary in the 800 block of Center Street. The case is currently under investigation.
- Wednesday, Aug. 6 – At 9:58 p.m., Lakeview Police Department investigated the report of a theft in the parking lot of the LDS church north of town.
Lake County Sheriff Department
Oregon State Police
- Tuesday, July 29 – At 9:11 p.m., a Ford F250 driven by Andy Goheen of Alturas and passenger Veronica Butler of Lakeview, was traveling southbound on Hwy 395 E at milepost 153 when it struck and killed a cow standing in the southbound lane. The vehicle sustained damage to the front end but was able to drive away from the scene. No injuries were reported.
- Wednesday, July 30 – At 9:58 a.m., Scott Prestwood of Lakeview, was contacted at 1206 S. I St. regarding sex offender registration. He was cited to appear for not registering on time. Court date was set for Monday, Aug. 4 at 8 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 30 – At 7:32 p.m., a Dodge vehicle driven by Richard Terrell-Breece of Davis Creek, was stopped for a traffic violation. He was subsequently cited and released for Driving While Suspended-Misdemeanor.
- Wednesday, July 30 – A car was traveling west on Hwy 140 near MP 30 when it hit a cow that ran onto the road. The car sustained moderate damage. No injuries were reported. The cow was deceased.
- Tuesday, Aug. 5 – At 8:07 a.m., Trooper Andreazzi was dispatched to an abandoned vehicle on Hwy 395 E milepost 150.5. Andreazzi located the vehicle, a Gray Mercury Sedan, which was parked in an angle with the rear drive side tire on the fog line. The angle caused the back driver side corner of the vehicle to be extended into the northbound lane of the highway. The vehicle was parked north of some curves in the highway and south of a rise in the roadway causing it to be hazardous to the current traffic. Photographs were taken and Lakeview Towing responded to the location to removed the vehicle. Vehicle owner is Skyler Johnson of Lakeview.
- Friday, Aug. 8 – At 9:06 a.m. a Toyota 4-Runner driven by Dennis Linthicum of Beatty, was heading eastbound on Hwy 140W when the vehicle drifted off the roadway into the dirt on the eastbound shoulder. The driver over-corrected causing the vehicle to swerve into the westbound shoulder and rollover. The driver and passenger were not injured. Lakeview Wrecking and Towing responded to the scene and removed the vehicle.
- Saturday, Aug. 9 – At 11:03 a.m. Evan Schulte of Battle Creek, Nev., was stopped for a traffic violation. A probable cause search of the vehicle resulted in the discovery of over 8 pounds of marijuana and 2.3 ounces of Hashish oil. He was subsequently arrested for PCS and DCS Marijuana. Lakeview Police Department and the Lake County Sheriff’s Department assisted on scene.